Sunday, June 5, 2011

Etching Cream required for Favors

While doing some 'craft' shopping today, I figured I would pick up up the materials I needed to test out the Etched Pint Glasses as favors (http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2011/05/how-to_greater_than_drunk_pint.html) because when I Googled info on the Etching Cream a while back, some warned about the smell as well the timing. Needless to say, I first looked at JoAnn's but shockingly they didn't have any; I even asked 3 different workers and even called Chris to make sure I was looking for the right stuff; I did get my test letter stickers from there though. Next I tried Micheals, who I called first to verify that they had it. After searching for a long while, I came across it on the back shelf near the bathrooms; go figure. There were three different sizes, 3 oz, 10 oz and 22 oz, however only the 3 oz size had a price $12.99, which to me seemed super expensive for such a small amount. Considering such, I took the other two sizes and brought them to check out. After hearing the prices though, I went back and grabbed the 3 oz size since I didn't want to spend $40.00 on the 22 oz ounce or $27.00 on the 10 oz not knowing if it was even going to work or if this was in fact what we were going to do. I know that they sell it at Walmart so worse come sot worse, I can see if they have it cheaper. Regardless, I now have the supplies and will test it out later this week on one of my own glasses.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds cool. Could make EMBc brewery glasses this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found these 'sale' glasses on the Dollar Tree website http://www.dollartree.com/kitchen-tableware/drinkware/Drinkware/Anchor-Hocking-Rim-Tempered-Mixing-Pub-Glasses/213c264c377p319174/index.pro

    ReplyDelete