Monday, August 13, 2012

Hotel

So who would have thought that the hotel blocks would have went so bad. Though people were told over the phone they had a month before the actual date, which would be Tuesday August 14th, I told people the block expired the 10th as that is what my contract said. When I called on the 10th to see how many rooms I had left, I still had about 16 and was informed there was no end date on the block. The woman also said not to worry because they wouldn't fill up within the next few days even if they did go off the block. Well after writing my nice emails and not getting phone calls back about Lana not being able to book on room yesterday, I finally called the hotel again and demanded to talk to Dena. Needless to say, our conversation basically ended with me very frustrated that the hotel would not help regardless of the fact that they told my guests the wrong dates. Thankfully my resources kicked in and I was able to tell Dena that if you tried booking online, there were still rooms available but not at our price so how could the hotel be full like they were claiming. This is when I was informed that the rest of my block was indeed not 'sold' but instead given to Expedia like sites so technically there were still rooms left but I had to use another party to book them. Now one would think that the hotel would want their guests to be happy and would get this worked out but nope; I had to call the third party and explain to them the situation and they then had to call the hotel to confirm that they could indeed sell me a room, which is eventually how Lana ended up getting her room on our block. Overall, not happy with how the customer service was handled on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment